Opening an account
Start investing with Fidelity
Ready to invest? Visit us and we will get you set up.
The best way to open an account with us is to make an appointment through our Fidelity Investor Hotline (852) 2629 2629 to meet with one of our Client Services Representatives. Please bring with you:
- Your Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card or valid passport
- Original proof of address, such as a utility bill or bank statement of no more than three months old
For payment, you may choose to bring along a personal cheque for the amount you wish to invest (minimum US$2,500 or equivalent), made payable to "FIL Investment Management (Hong Kong) Limited". You may also choose to have the initial investment amount paid through Telegraphic Transfer.
Exclusive subscription rates are offered to Fidelity Advantage Portfolio (ORSO) members. If you are a member, bring along a copy of your valid staff card/name card/member benefits statement to enjoy these special rates.
See our address below:
Fidelity Investor Centre - Level 21, Two Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong (Mon-Fri: 9:00am - 6:00pm)
Unable to visit in person?
Visiting the Fidelity Investor Centre is the best way to start investing with us, but if you are unable to do so, you may follow the steps below to open an account by mail with a lump sum investment.
- 1. Fill in the form
- Section 1: Provide your personal particulars and financial status (including joint holders’, if applicable)
- Section 2: Input your source of payment
- Section 3: Input your tax status information
- Sections 4: Answer the multiple choice questions to determine your risk tolerance
Choose your investment method
- Sections 5-6: To make a lump sum investment, please input the fund details and then tick the appropriate boxes to indicate that you understand the risks you are undertaking
- Section 7: Provide your bank account details to facilitate redemption of your holdings in future
- Section 8: Complete this section to set up a Monthly Investment Plan
- Section 9: Tick the appropriate boxes and sign with your signature (and joint holders’, if applicable) for confirmation
- Sections 10-12: Review important information about documents required for application, payment method, and fees and charges
- 2. Provide identification
Submit a copy of your Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card and original proof of address, such as a utility bill or bank statement of no more than three months old. You may label "Return" on your address proof if you would like us to return the original copy of it.
The application must be accompanied by a cheque (minimum HK$10,000 or equivalent) drawn on a Hong Kong licensed bank account and with the same signature(s) as the ones on the application form.Close
- 3. Payment method
For a lump sum investment, please send us a personal cheque for the initial subscription amount.
For joint holders’ account application, we accept either a cheque made from a joint account held by all the applicants, or separate cheques submitted by respective applicants totalling the desired investment sum. Each cheque must be of no less than HK$10,000 or equivalent.Close